ANDREI GHEORGHIESCU

SYSTEMIC BUSINESS CONSULTANT / BUSINESS INTEGRATOR / ENTREPRENEUR

PERSONAL QUEST

Weave a better fabric for human society, so that this fabric may protect budding humans as they are becoming. Witnessing human potential going to waste viscerally brings me suffering.

I firmly believe that a great answer to this challenge is tied to systemically improved human connection within self, family, community and business. I trust that all of these entities have much to give each-other. Too often they are blocked from doing so.

I learn, I teach and I integrate these lessons in real contexts, seeking tangible value. I specifically love it when my efforts lead to personal or group revelations.

My current quest, as a consultant, is to help business leaders that either:

• face significant opportunity for growth but they fell they cannot handle more of the stress that commercial success brings;
  • deal with known operational problems that they just can’t seem to resolve once and for all;
  • require an impartial partner in their effort to find answers to complex business scenarios.

To these awesome people I deliver tangible value that stems from the definition and implementation of a contextually fit Business Operating System.

PROFESSIONAL STORY

since 2016

Gheorghiescu

SENIOR CONSULTANT

I am working with Business Leaders to grow their businesses, helping them over the plateaus that signal “what got us here won’t get us there” type of situations. I do so with a systemic approach, building and harmonizing company components that operate predictably and in an Agile fashion. Please find feedback from my clients on my LinkedIn page.

2014-2016

Thinslices

SENIOR MANAGER

As a Senior Manager I was involved since the first (3 person) Leadership Team that made it possible to achieve a 300% revenue increase in 2 years. I was accountable for Process Improvement and Projects Delivery. I actively led several project teams and the Project Management Team.

2012-2014

Xivic

OPERATIONS MANAGER

The challenge here was to keep the business operational and deliver quality across two continents. I was the Romanian counterpart of this effort.
I was accountable for keeping the local operation functional (from office/logistics to recruiting, payroll and morale). I was also involved in improving our working process with a focus on the information flow. I represented the company in the local community, as well.

2008-2010

Xivic

SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER

At the height of my PM career I had delivered value trough participation in more than 100 web/digital projects, for brands as well known as Disney, NBC or EA Games.

2007-2009

ITPositive

FOUNDER, CEO

It’s simple to become a CEO when you’re one of 3 people in a team.
I started ITPOSITIVE and was quickly joined by 2 partners. We grew the team to 10 people. Then dropped to 4. Then grew to 20 again.
Then ITPOSITIVE became XIVIC.

2005-2007

Freelance

DESIGNER, FLASH AS3 PROGRAMMER

I loved computers ever since I had my eyes on the first HC 90.
Tutorials and Rent-a-Coder projects got me started as a web professional. They also paid for my independence and got me the connections I needed to start as an entrepreneur.
I’ll always love Photoshop. I’ll always miss Flash.

2002-2005

BEST

VOLUNTEER, PRESIDENT, ALUMNUS

The Board of European Students of Technology (www.best.eu.org) is the student organization that I believe shaped my future, more than the University ever did.

INTERESTED IN MY CURRICULUM VITAE?

HERE IT IS

FORMAL EDUCATION

2002-2008

Bachelor Degree

``Gh. Asachi`` Technical University, Iasi

I specialized in Automatic Control and Computer Engineering.
I have never practiced as such, still I am an Engineer at heart.

1998-2002

Bacalaureat

``Gh. Vranceanu`` College, Bacau

I specialized in Math and Physics.

Visionary

Integrator

Implementer

Investor

COMPETENCIES

AGILE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT

In one way or another this is what I have been doing all my professional life, even if it’s masked by various other roles I have played. At a high level, this is what I would be doing still if “paying the bills” was no longer a concern.

PROCESS IMPROVEMENT

You know that specific part of your work that you enjoy so much, the one you willingly take home with you to tinker some more? This is it for me. I’m half way trough completing my own Process Improvement Framework. It’s just like writing code, but for business developers.

AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

I’ve spent the last 2.5 years of my life thinking about how to better apply the concept of Agile to specific delivery challenges. In all the aspects of my life, I then applied it and adapted. It is good.

TEAM DEVELOPMENT

You know many teams and everyone around you is a “team-player”. Or you’re like me and understand just how rare those entities are. Building a High Performance Team is something that I have on my bucket list.

PROJECT MANAGEMENT

My biggest achievement here? Evolving from Scope first projects to Quality first projects. Looking forward to being asked what that means …

PUBLIC SPEAKING

I have talked to a public on more than 30 occasions for presentations, workshops or training events. I have won at least $20k in competition prizes by doing so.

PROJECTS DELIVERED

STARTUPS FOUNDED

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENTS